Adult Day Services
For Chippewa, and Mackinac Counties
A social activities program designed for adults with memory loss and confusion – carried out in a setting that values the dignity, respect and the security of each person.
The benefits for the Caregiver are:
- A time to take a break and do something nice for yourself knowing your relative is in a safe, positive, joyful environment.
- An opportunity to run errands, schedule appointments and plan time for pleasure.
- Help for you so you can continue to care for your family member.
Center Locations and Hours
Avery Senior Center
524 Ashmun Street
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Monday through Friday – 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
368 Reagon Street
St. Ignace, MI 49781
Monday, Wednesday and Fridays – 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Call Chippewa, Luce, Mackinac Community Action Agency
For more information about the program and how to get enrolled please call.
* Planned activities with each persons needs and abilities in mind.
* Socializing opportunities with warm friendly people.
* Exercise and rest.
* Music and dancing.
* Reminiscing activities.
* Meals and snacks.
* Keep your relative in the home.
* Help maintain dignity and self-
* Opportunity to participate at their level of ability.
People in need of the program may be challenged in the following ways:
* Showing signs of confusion.
* Need assistance with mobility.
* Need assistance with eating and personal care.
PROGRAMS FUNDED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY:
*MI OFFICE OF SERVICES TO THE AGING
*UPCAP AREA AGENCY OF AGING
Staff providing the services are:
* A caring team that will encourage positive self regard on the part of the participant.
* Led by a Registered Master of Social Work, a Program Coordinator, a trained Program Aide, and several trained volunteers.