Head Start / Preschool Programs
Head Start and the Great Start Readiness Programs are designed to meet the needs of the preschool child and family.
A quality early childhood program can bring about a greater degree of social competence in young children.
Various options of service are provided to children and families. The program operates from September through May. Not all options are available at all locations.
Center Base –
Home Based –
What are the Head Start and Great Start Readiness Programs?
Who is eligible?
Head Start Program:
* Applicants must be at least 3 years of age on or before November 1 of that program year.
* Applicants must meet income eligibility guidelines established by the Federal government.
* 10% of enrollment is for children with disabilities.
Great Start Readiness Program:
* Applicants must be 4 years old on or before November 1 of that program year.
* Applicants must meet certain factors contributing to Educational Risk and income criteria determined by the Michigan Department of Education.
How Do I Enroll My Child?
The CLM Community Action Agency has offices in the following locations:
Sault Ste. Marie 524 Ashmun Street
St. Ignace 368 Reagon Street
Newberry 207 Newberry Avenue