Located: 633 West Portage Ave., Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Looking for an Application?
- Call CLMCAA at (906)632-3363 – Ask for someone in Housing – or visit us in person at: 524 Ashmun St., Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783.
- Questions about West Bridge Apartments feel free to contact West Bridge Site Manager at (906)635-4258 or CLMCAA at (906)632-3363 – Ask for someone in Housing.
- Email: email@example.com for info or to request an application.
West Bridge Apartment is a 28 unit, very low-income Permanent Supportive Housing Complex. West Bridge Apartments targets those who are considered the most vulnerable: homeless, chronically homeless, and disabled. West Bridge Apartments offers support services via our on-site Supportive Services Coordinator/Case Manager. Our on-site Supportive Services Coordinator/Case Manager helps each household identify their barriers to long-term stable housing as well as develop a plan to overcome these barriers in the long-term. The overall goal for West Bridge Apartments is to create Self-Sufficiency for all our residents.
West Bridge Apartments is subsidized via MSHDA Project Based Vouchers. Applicants must meet Public Housing Standards/Guidelines as well as pass a criminal background check.
West Bridge Apartments is situated within a mile of various businesses, agencies, shops, and recreational activities Located Nearby:
- The local post office
- War Memorial Hospital
- Chippewa County Health Dept.
- Portage Ave. Shopping, churches. Restaurants
- The Soo Locks
- Sault Area Public School Students are bused to all elementary and secondary buildings
West Bridge, Permanent Supportive Housing, is designed to increase housing opportunities. Especially in households that are:
- Headed by an individual with a disability
- Those who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness
- Household must meet current income guidelines for Project-Based Vouchers (changes annually)
- Head of Household must be homeless, at-risk of homeless, or chronically homeless
- Head of Household must have a documented/verifiable disability
- In order to qualify as having a special need, a prospective tenant and/or family member must have a mental illness, substance addiction, chronic health condition, physical or developmental disability.
- Veteran Applicants take priority/preference
- One, Two, & Three Bedroom Apartments
- Community Room w/Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities on Each Floor
- Professional and Caring, on-Site Staff
- Computer Room
- Children’s Playground
- Community Garden Beds
- Carpet/Laminate Flooring
- Plenty of Closet Space
- Utilities Included
- Electric Range, Frost-Free Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, and Dishwasher
- Intercom Controlled Entrances
- 2- & 3-Bedroom Apartments have two (2) bathrooms
West Bridge Permanent Supportive Housing offers a wide variety of services that can be accessed via our on-site Service Coordinator(s). Such services are:
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Housing Counseling
- Transportation Services
- Referrals to Inter-Agency and Community Based Programs
- DHHS Navigation (help applying for services through DHHS)
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) (if a SOAR Practitioner is available)
West Bridge Permanent Supportive Housing also offers referral services for:
- Mental Health
- Child Care
- Head Start/Early Head Start
- Tribal Services
- Education Services