West Bridge Apartments are designed to address the housing and support needs of families and individuals with special needs that are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Tri-County service area. The apartment complex has 28 units of affordable service enriched housing in a community where individuals and families who are homeless have few alternatives other than an extended stay in the areas only shelter. Supportive services will be provided on-site to tall tenants. Transportation, employment services, counseling, and housing assistance will be available on a voluntary basis and tenants will be actively encouraged to take advantage of these resources. In order to qualify as having a special need, a prospective tenant and/or family member must have a mental illness, substance addiction, chronic health condition, physical or developmental disability.
Located at 633 West Portage Avenue, West Bridge Apartments is situated within a mile of various businesses, agencies, shops, and recreational activities.
- The local post office
- War Memorial Hospital
- Chippewa County Health Dept.
- Portage Ave. Shopping, churches. Restaurants
- Soo Locks
*Sault Area Public School Students are bused to all elementary and secondary buildings.
West Bridge, Permanent Supportive Housing, is designed to increase housing opportunities. Especially in households that are:
- headed by an individual with a disability.
- those who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
- Household must meet current income guidelines for Project-Based Vouchers
- Head of Household must be homeless, at-risk of homeless, or chronically homeless
- Head of Household must have a documented/verifiable disability
- Veteran Applicants have priority
- One, Two, & Three Bedroom Apartments
- Community Room w/Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities on Each Floor
- Professional and Caring, on-Site Staff
- Computer Room
- Children’s Playground
- Community Garden Beds
- Carpet/Laminate Flooring
- Plenty of Closet Space
- Cable, Garbage, Heat, & Water Included
- Mini Blinds on All Windows
- Electric Range, Frost-Free Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, Microwave & Dishwasher
- Intercom Controlled Entrances
- 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments have two bathrooms
West Bridge Permanent Supportive Housing offers a wide-variety of services that can be accessed via our on-site Service Coordinator(s). Such services are:
- Meal Programs
- Food Bank/Pantry
- Transportation Services
West Bridge Permanent Supportive Housing also offers referral services for:
For more information, please contact West Bridge at: